Monday, May 9, 2011

Last Day at AFIC

Sunday was our last day of classes at AFIC. I chose to take the "Taulbee" class with Susan Barmore (Frowning Frances). I can't believe I only took 3 pictures in this class and none of them were or Susan or the class! With this doll we jumped right in and worked, worked, worked.
The first picture is Susan's doll, I'm not exactly sure what he is suppose to be, some sort of gremlin I guess but he is so cute!

The second picture from left to right is my doll, Susan's doll and Pam's doll. Pam's and mine were still a work in progress. I have to paint his wings and attach them then make the skull and attach it to his staff. He is really cute in his own way. When my puppy Molly saw him, oh my goodness, she barked and barked. She didn't know what that was, it was so funny.
And the last picture is a picture of Barbara Schoenoff's doll, in progress. He was coming out wonderful of course. It was a lot of fun to have Barbara in the class as a student, she is so sweet and funny. It was great to see her again.

After class we went to our rooms and started to organize eveything for our trip home in the morning. Then, at 6pm we started our Mystery Dinner Theater. I always wanted to go to one of those. It was very interesting. It was a lot of fun, the story was funny and the actors, well, they were over the top. This type of event is great because the actors interact with the audience and you never know what is going to be said, it was very entertaining.
All in all it was a fabulous weekend and hope to be back in 2 years.



No comments:

Post a Comment