Thursday, May 5, 2011

AFIC 2011

I attended my first AFIC as a student this year. Two years ago I went down to Columbus to see the doll exhibit and right there knew I had to come back as a student. The event was fantastic, Cydny Seiving did a phenominal job at organizing and putting on this event. I took a 2-day class with the wonderful Leslie Molen and a 1-day class with Susan Barmore (Frowning Frances).
Pam and I drove to Columbus on Thursday afternoon and on Thursday night was the hats and heels banquet. I didn't make a hat to wear but some of the hats that were made were fantastic! Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of some of the more creative hats. But I did take pictures of people that I knew there. The first picture is Cyndy Seiving dressed as the Queen of Hearts. She was hysterical all weekend with her outfits, so creative. Next is the beautiful and funny, funny wonderful woman Leslie Molen. Next picture from left to right is Judy Brown, Kim Braun and Margie Bauer. Kim was at John C Campbell last September when I was there taking Leslie's bunny class. She is such a sweet lady and I LOVE her southern accent. Judy was my first doll teacher, I have great memories of all the doll making classes I took from her, she is such a special person. And Margie I know from a former doll club, I don't know her that well personally but she is such a nice person. And, the last picture is Janet Anzlovar, she is just the sweetest lady. I first met her at the first MM&M that I went to and we became friends there. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend a lot of time with her this event as we were in different classes and it gets pretty hectic after class and there is so much going on all the time.














This was such a huge event and so much fun. I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked but it is hard to do that when you are working so hard to finish your dolls!

Next post Leslie's class!




No comments:

Post a Comment