Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Well it has been pretty hectic around here since I last posted. We had our Time for Dolls meeting which fell on Father's Day so not many members showed up or stayed long. We decided to bring in Barbara Schoenoff to teach for a weekend and the members who did show up for the meeting got to vote on which doll they wanted to make. It was between Rose Red, Barbara's new doll, she is gorgeous and the Elfings. Everyone chose the Elfings. They are four different dolls, so if you come for the weekend you get to choose which doll you want to make. I am going to make Finn Darian, he is gorgeous!! So, I've been doing a lot of work with Pam to get ready to prepare for the weekend with Barbara which is October 24 and 25.
I have also been trying to finish up my Santa doll for Cloth Doll Artistry which was originally due on July 1st, but I hadn't looked at the site for a while and didn't realize that the date had been changed to August 31st. I'm not complaining at all but I just have one thing left to do on him although I'm sure I'll fuss with him some more also.
I have also been finishing my doll for NO RULES. This month is the "Christmas in July" doll exchange. I'm so excited I can't stand it. The doll I'm making will probably be finished today if not tomorrow.
And... I started my online class at Joggles with the Morris class. I have loved this doll since I saw him a year ago April, at MM&M. I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing Morris, now I just have to start making the actual doll. Then Morris' wife Henrietta's online class will be starting shortly. Barbara S. had to change the date and I can't remember exactly when but it is in the next couple of weeks.
Then I have another project that I HAVE to start very soon actually next week, that I am making for someone.
And of course in the middle of all of this crazy doll making Ed and I went to FL to visit my MIL who is in the hospital. Plans were made in a day, flights, car rental, kennel, packing etc. not to mention getting up at 4 in the morning to catch a flight. We left very early 6/23 and returned very late 6/25. Of course upon arriving back in Cleveland at 11:30pm the airport had no electricity. That was a nightmare!!
Back to a happier subject, I took pictures of the fabrics for Morris, they really don't show up that well so I think I'll take pictures of Morris in progress and post those. So I guess I will go get dressed, finish up my NO RULES doll and see where the day goes from there.

1 comment:

  1. Boy you definitely are going to have one BUSY SUMMER.

    dot

    ReplyDelete