Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Princess and the Pea

The Princess and the Pea
 I finished my Princess and the Pea doll, designed by Cindee Moyer. It was from an online class at Joggles that was a Christmas gift from my husband.
It was a lot of fun to make, so many different techniques.
The bed is made of wire then covered with pages from an old book and mod podge, then I painted it silver metallic but that was way too bright so I dry brushed on some black paint and it was perfect. I used a furry fleece for the carpet. It gives it a shag carpet effect. The bed skirt and mattresses are all in cottons. Her gown is a pink poly with an overlay of a sheer white-on-white embroidered organza.
So cute, I'm really happy with her. I just love Cindee's designs.
Her bed and mattresses

Her coverlet and pillow

The Princess

Her pea

Close up

3 comments:

  1. She's wonderful:) I really like the fuzzy carpet...that was a very neat idea. I wish I had done that too. The organza over the pink is very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. muy bonita y alegre
    felicidades
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Mary. the bed looks like an antique and her gown is perfection. Make sure you send these pictures to Cindee Moyer.

    ReplyDelete